地点：南山区南山文体中心 Zoo Coffee（靠近游泳馆）
活动报名：添加微信号 faithbob 进行报名
发送邮件到 firstname.lastname@example.org 获得活动更新
Have you ever wondered how often you should study English? So has Xiaomei…
How often do you study English?
Here’s how I memorize new Chinese words: I use a flashcard app.
What’s a flashcard app? First, what are flashcards? To make a flashcard, write an English word on one side of a small piece of paper and then write the Chinese meaning on the other side. There! You have a flashcard!
A flashcard app is software on your phone or computer that shows you your flashcards. Usually, you can also make new cards in the app too.
A good flashcard app not only shows you cards, it can also remember your progress. You can tell the app if you know the words on the card or not. The app remembers your answer and will show you the card again based upon how well you know the card. This is amazingly helpful! I can carry thousands with me on my phone, but only study the ones I don’t know well.
For me, I will open up my flashcard app 2 or 3 times a week and study for 20-30 minutes. I think it really helps me!
So, what are some good flashcard apps?
1. Flashcards Deluxe: I use an app called Flashcards Deluxe for my Android phone. You need access to Google Play to buy it. The only problem with this app is that you have to make all your own cards.
2. The Open Language app: Openlanguage.com also has a flashcard function in their app. I recommend that you use it as you self-study. This app is great because it’s easy add words from the openlanguage lessons (but you can’t make your own cards).
3. You Dao Dictionary: I also heard that You Dao dictionary has a flashcard function, but I have not ever used it.
What kind of flashcards do you use?
Here’s a great little self-study secret for you. Every day, I get up and read a few pages from the Bible. I find a sentence I like and I copy it in English and in Chinese into a small notebook. Here are some ideas:
- – Choose a book that is not easy for you to read so you can learn new words and sentence structures. For me, it’s not easy to read the Bible in Chinese, so reading just a little bit is enough.
- – Try to do this every day when you first wake up in the morning. It only takes a few minutes.
- – Don’t use your phone to copy the sentences. Use your hand to copy the sentences onto paper in a notebook. When you move your hand to write it helps you learn.
- – If you use flashcards to memorize words, you can choose a few new words and put them in your flashcard list.
One more thing, can you read my Chinese writing in the picture?
Our Pro English club will be changing format to accommodate the needs of our learners. We will be meeting every week 7:00pm-8:30pm in a private room at Umbrella Coffee. All learners will pay 30RMB to help cover the cost of this private room.
Our focus will be on discussion and giving learners a chance to practice their speaking and listening, whatever their level. Our American teacher, Dustin, will lead us as we learn new vocabulary and discuss topics related to work, society, and the world.
It will be a fun time that you’ll enjoy for more than just the English. Come have fun with us and improve your English at the same time!
微信群：添加Bob的微信faithbob进而加入微信群。添加时请注明：PRO English Club